Friday, January 4, 2013

The Starving Time



Have you ever been so hungry that you thought you were going to die? Well, that is how Elizabeth from the starving time felt. This book is about one girl as she journals about her harsh life in Jamestown.

I loved the Starving Time because the author put in some awesome details and really described what she was writing about. For example her mom was so hungry that she was slurping up worms from the ground because she was so hungry.
I also love how you could just picture it in your mind on what the author was talking about like when Elizabeth said she could see the ships forming in the mist.
That is when I could just picture it in my mind. This book is a wonderful book for kids and also teacher. I give this book five stars. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel sorry for the characters in this book. I'm gonna have to read this book soon. Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete